1) Preheat oven to 180C/350F
2) Peel and cut up kumara, onions, garlic (and/or any other desired veges suitable for roasting)
3) Place the prepared vegetables in one half of the roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
4) Place thawed chicken pieces in the other half of the roasting dish.
5) Lightly salt chicken and vegetables.
6) Bake for 30 mins, then turn chicken and veges over, and bake another 10 mins
7) Meanwhile, slice zucchini evenly. Removing dish from oven, pile up the vegetables at one end. Spread the zucchini slices into the middle of the dish, as close to a single layer as possible.
8) Bake for another 15-20 mins, turning zucchini slices after 10 mins.
9) Remove from the oven and serve.
Sooooo yummy! The juices from the chicken give everything else a wonderful flavour!
For variations to cook for a big family, see below...