Take last night's dinner - simple fare, all picked fresh from the garden or collected from the property. The menu:
- Minted peas (pick lots of peas, shell them, then gently cook them in the pot with a few sprigs of fresh mint)
- Just-dug new potatoes, served with just-made garlic butter (whiz garlic cloves, olive oil, butter, and fresh herbs in the food processor - freezes well to make garlic bread etc).
- Nutmeg-roasted pumpkin (dice up some pumpkin, toss it in olive oil, mix in salt, nutmeg and honey from the bees, spread out in a roasting dish and roast, stirring occasionally, until done)
- Quartered fresh tomatoes (use a mixture of varieties for visual and textural effect)
- Poached eggs (thanks chickens!)